• A
  • A
  • A
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
Regular version of the site

Before the Mobility

Registration at Partner University

1. Completing Application

After Partner Universities have received nominations from the Graduate School of Business, they shall, within a few days/weeks, communicate instructions on the online application process to nominated students.

  • Check your e-mail and spam folder regularly.
  • Follow the university application deadline strictly.
  • Leave enough time to complete your application without putting this off until the last day before the deadline.


2. Course Registration

At certain universities, course registration is held online and starts early.

  • Carefully read the information provided by institutional coordinator about course selection.
  • Register as soon as the course registration opens, as available spots for popular courses may run out quickly.


3. Receiving Your Letter of Acceptance

Upon completion of registration, the Partner University will send an Acceptance Letter, either by e-mail or regular post.

  • The Acceptance Letter is necessary for obtaining a student visa.

To do at HSE University

1. Approve Individual Study Plan

Within 14 days of being nominated for the mobility programme, submit a draft of the Individual Study Plan to the academic supervisor for approval. Send the agreed and signed individual study plan to the GSB International Office.

Note: It is acceptable to submit a previously approved version of the ISP in order to issue a mobility order. In case you plan to make changes to the ISP, you may additionally send it later, when ready. 
Make sure the document is in PDF format, and has three signatures: the manager, the academic director of the study office, and your signature.

2. Sign the Documents

Before your departure on the mobility programme, the following documents must be signed:

Note: The "Director's approval received" field on the mobility application must be left empty. The signature of the director is not required. 
In the field "in the period from": fill in the dates according to the dates in your Acceptance letter. 
The application must be completed in Russian. International students should fill in the application form in English. 

Note: Please indicate the following as the coordinator: 
Olga Spiridonova, GSB International Office Manager, outgoing.gsb@hse.ru, +7 (495) 772 95 90 ext. 28503.

1) Request to the Director, 2) Consent form, 3) Signed Individual Study Plan and 4) Letter of Acceptance should be submitted to the GSB International Office by email outgoing.gsb@hse.ru

The deadline for submitting documents for students leaving in the fall semester is 2024-2025:

Until July 10 – if the semester starts in August

Until August 1 – if the semester starts in September

Until August 15 – if the semester starts in October or November

2. Attend an Orientation Session

Students nominated for an exchange must attend an orientation session. The dates will be announced when nomination is confirmed.

Preparations for Departure

1. Visa

Details on your visa (visa type and residence permit) will be coordinated by the Partner University.

  • Please check the documents requirements necessary for your type of visa on the consulate/embassy website.
  • Make sure that the expiry date of your passport meets the requirements for your type of visa.
  • Arrange your appointment at the consulate/embassy beforehand – at certain consulates/embassies, it is necessary to register for your appointment several weeks/ months in advance.


2. Accommodation

Many Partner Universities offer students rooms in dormitories and may assist with accommodation.

  • Students are responsible for searching for their accommodation in the host country.
  • Book your room in a dormitory or private apartment in advance - demand for accommodation usually increases rapidly before the start of the semester.


3. Flight Tickets

  • Buying refundable airline tickets is recommended.
  • Plan your itinerary from the airport to your campus/dormitory/rented apartment. If possible, purchase train/bus/other transport tickets in advance to get to the point of arrival.


4. Insurance

All students travelling abroad on mobility programmes must have insurance, which covers the whole period of stay in the host country.

  • Carefully read about the requirements for insurance at the Partner University.
  • Insurance must include expenses for repatriation.


5. Packing

Pack your belongings with due consideration of the duration of your exchange.

  • Consider the climate of your host country.
  • Find out which medications require a prescription in your host country and consider which ones you should bring with you.
  • Find out the type of plugs and sockets used in your host country; buy an adaptor, if necessary.
  • Take a few small things that will remind you of your family and friends (e.g., photos, postcards, favorite mug, etc.)
  • Ask the host university coordinator what documents you need to bring with you.
  • Save all important contacts: embassy or consulate of Russia in your host country, host university coordinator details, FBM coordinator details, etc.

Can I cancel my mobility?

In the event of any personal or other circumstances, you may withdraw from the mobility programme. 
In order to do this you should: 

1. Notify a member of staff of the GSB International Office by email
2. Notify the coordinator of the host university by email
3. Notify your HSE study office by email 

If you do not notify the GSB International Office and study office of your cancellation you cannot continue attending classes at GSB, as you will remain in the status of "student on outgoing mobility programme". 

Notification of cancellation must be sent by: 15 July (mobility in the Fall semester) and 1 December (mobility in the Spring semester). 


1) What is Current/latest transcript and where do I get it?

The transcript of records is ordered in English from the study office of your educational programme at HSE.


2) What is a Nomination Letter and where do I get it?

It is a letter from our International Office stating that we have nominated the student to a partner university. Please send your written request to our International Office.


3) I need a confirmation for the embassy that I am receiving a scholarship. How do I get such a confirmation?

Please send your written request to our International Office.


4) I have submitted a diploma of interpreter as confirmation of English proficiency, where can I get a certificate of proficiency in English? / the university requires an additional Letter of Support, indicating the English proficiency level.

Please send your written request to our International Office.


5) The Partner University requests a student exchange agreement, where can I find it?

Please send your written request to our International Office.


6) I am asked to have a coordinator of my home university sign a Learning Agreement, who needs to sign it?

Learning agreement is relevant especially for European universities. Fill in the header and your personal details.

Faculty/Department - Graduate School of Business

Address - 26/4 Ulitsa Shabolovka, office 4340, 119049, Moscow

Send this document to the International Office. 

The International Office Manager will sign and stamp your Learning Agreement in the field: “Responsible person at the sending institution”.

To verify the selected courses, please send your Individual Study Plan along with the Learning Agreement.


7) What documents do I need for my visa? How to apply?

The student has to apply for the visa himself/herself. Apply directly to the embassy.


Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.