The laboratory aims to create an inspiring intellectual environment for students and researchers, who are eager for cutting-edge knowledge, tools, and the experience of developing successful and sustainable businesses, with a view to the interests of both society and the environment.
Main areas of focus
- conducting interdisciplinary basic and applied research that is relevant for responsible and sustainable business;
- publishing and popularizing current research results with a focus on best Russian practices via both traditional and digital communication channels;
- carrying out academic activities, using innovative teaching methods in HSE University’s degree programmes;
- cooperating with the University’s partners in the business community, government institutions, academic communities and civil society by engaging in education and research initiatives;
- developing sustainable campus infrastructure as a suitable setting for communication, sharing experience and broadcasting success stories from the HSE Graduate School of Business students and alumni;
- promoting the HSE Graduate School of Business brand as a responsible and sustainable business school in the academic community, both in Russia and the world.
Core areas of research:
- business ethics, corporate social responsibility and sustainable development;
- practices and mechanisms for implementing the UN’s 17 sustainable development goals;
- sustainable business models and innovation;
- transition to a circular economy in the era of the Anthropocene;
- social entrepreneurship in the wider context of globalization;
- green business opportunities: operations administration, HR management, finance, marketing and communications;
- developing a sustainable model for a consciousness and way of life through transformational instruction.