Rules for organizing practical training at the Graduate School of Business of the Higher School of Economics
On July 13, 2021, the “Regulations on Practical Training of Students under Core Bachelor’s, Specialist and Master’s Programmes at HSE University” were approved. This provision comes into force on 01.09.2021.
This order also cancels the following internal regulations:
1. Regulations on projects, research activities and practices of students of the National Research University "Higher School of Economics"
2. The Regulations on the term and final theses of students enrolled in Bachelor's, Specialist's and Master's degree programs at the National Research University "Higher School of Economics" - became Appendix 8 to the Regulations on practical training.
For the Graduate School of Business, the “Regulations on the practical training of HSE students” are further clarified by an internal local regulatory act – “The rules for organizing practical training at the Graduate School of Business”. These Rules regulate the procedure for organizing practical training at the Graduate School of Business.
Elements of practical training at the Graduate School of Business
The new regulations, in particular, define the term "element of practical training" – a part of the course syllabus within the framework of the educational module "Practice". In the curricula of the Graduate School of Business there are 5 key types of elements of practical training (EPT), grouped into 3 categories:
1) The EPT of type "Professional practice" are aimed at giving students professional skills and experience of a professional activity. The main educational result is a direct contact with the professional environment and the development of practical competencies in the chosen profession. The environment, the main ways and activities of students in practice should be as close as possible to the professional activity.
Professional practice is implemented at the GSB under the names: educational practice, industrial practice, pre-graduate practice, research practice, etc.
2) The essence of EPT type "Project practice" is to solve applied problems. The result can be a developed and substantiated project solution, a business plan or a business case, a manufactured product, etc.
“Project practice” at the HSE can be conducted both in the format of mandatory or student initiated projects.
3) The "Research Practice" is organized in order for students to develop research competencies, to acquire new knowledge about phenomena, objects and processes by advancing and testing scientific and research hypotheses.
This “research practice” includes undergraduate student final year theses and the master's degree theses.
Additional information about the elements of practical training of your educational programme, you can find on its page, under the section "Students" - "Practical training".
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.