We're looking for a highly motivated, experienced, and smart engineer who will be responsible for all the aspects of testing Oracle Linux, kernel, and Cloud products. This person will be responsible for maintaining existing and creating new tests and test environment setups, troubleshooting test failures, submitting reports about product defects, etc.
In exchange we can offer:
a chance to take part in the development of world-leading products opportunity to enhance your skillset
a diverse and distributed team of motivated, experienced and smart colleagues
high level of impact on the product
high recognition for your achievements
competitive salary and benefits.
As a member of the Oracle Linux release engineering team, you will be working with various Development and QA teams in the headquarters and other locations when assistance is needed.
1. Development of new tests for validation of Cloud services, Oracle Linux distributions, Kernel features
2. Working close with Developers to debug discovered issues
3. Troubleshooting and fixing problems encountered during testing or test development
4. Contributing to QA test framework and processes and as well as work-flow improvements for CI type of testing
1. Good programming skill in shell/python / C language
2. Good working experience with Cloud infrastructures and SCM like SVN, Git
3. Good understanding of Linux OS
4. Good verbal and written English communication skills
5. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
1. Working experience with build automation tools: Jenkins, plugins
2. Experience with patching and rebuilding Linux packages
3. Excellent system-level debugging and troubleshooting skills
4. Experience with one or more Linux distributions
5. Experience with Virtualization environments